Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Beauty School Stories Prequel

My College Advisor(an ex Marine) told me that in order to achieve success you need to find a career you really enjoy, Something you could do 24hrs per day. He actually grabbed me by the neck and told me to graduate and go out in the real world and find yourself. Just do it, everything will work out.

During college I was a nightclub promoter, then a junior accountant...Too monotonous. Then I worked for HOT 97 on the Hotpatrol with Angie Martinez, Noel aka Speedy and a great staff that was fun but I don't have a great voice and I didn't see myself in the radio business. After college I was a stock broker, insurance broker, Financial Planner, real estate broker; I moved to Arizona tried various odd jobs(very funny stories that I will write about in a seperate post). I moved back to NYC almost got married broke it off one month before the wedding date(another crazy story). So I stayed home for two weeks; came to some conclusions and made some decisions.
#1. I hate telemarketing.
#2. I don't want to work with a bunch of guys.
#3. I am not motivated by money.
#4. I need to have fun.
#5. I like to work hard.
#6. I need a skill that I can take with me anywhere in the world.
#7. I like working with my hands.
#8. Of all my College courses, I enjoyed sculpture the best.
#9. I want a great relationship and family life.
#10. I am not a morning person.
#11. How do I meet the right woman? Not in a office full of guys.
#12. How do I learn to understand women better? I don't have a sister.
#13. Every woman needs to have her hair cut eventually.
#14. My dad was very successful as a hairstylist.
#15. Maybe I'll meet someone in beauty school and take over my dad's salon!

No comments: